Through the 4-Step Power Up your Team process
- Greater commitment, energy and follow through from team members.
- Improved communication, openness and trust among team members.
- Greater engagement and accountability for individual and team effectiveness.
- The ability to contribute to the development of a healthy work climate.
- An understanding of what is required in order to consistently function as a high performance team.
- New practices and behaviors that move the team to the next level of performance.
- Motivated team members pulling in the same direction toward common goals.
- The tools needed to ensure desired change occurs and team performance is kept top of mind.
The Power up Your Team Process
The Team Fitness Test
The Team Fitness Test measures the behaviors and practices that have been found to make the biggest difference in a team’s ability to perform at their best. In order for a team to become even better than it is, the goals to be achieved must be clearly understood. Team members usually have ideas as to what could be better in their team, few, however, have specific knowledge of what is required for high performance teamwork. Therefore, even when a team is consciously trying to improve, critical aspects that may be blocking team performance are often overlooked. The Team Fitness Test ensures that team members understand what creates high performance teamwork and focuses the team’s attention on the areas that will bring the greatest return.
The Team Workout
Team members participate in a highly interactive session in which they examine their team profile, come to understand their strengths and weakness and their underlying causes, identify behaviors and practices that will quickly increase the team’s performance, and make commitments to move the team forward. The process is led by a team coach who will challenge thinking and provide coaching for the team and individual members as appropriate.
Turn Learning into Action
The team participates in ongoing team development through a number of channels over a 2 to 6 month period depending on need to ensure team performance is maintained and kept a priority. The process includes 1 to 2 hour in person ‘check-in’ sessions, webinars, team and/or leadership coaching, and additional tips and tools delivered regularly to the team via email.
The Team Fitness Test – Round 2
Approximately 6 months after the workshop your team will once again complete the Team Fitness Test. The team and their coach will meet to check progress, reinforce commitments, and make any additional decisions required to continue to move the team ahead.