This leadership tool allows you to reflect on the effectiveness of your team and to identify what you are doing or not doing that may be hindering your team’s ability to reach their full potential.
This tool also provides the opportunity to create a dialogue with the team to better understand what they need from you as their leader:
1. List any expectations you have of the people you lead that are not consistently met, and consider what you are doing or not doing that allows this to happen.
2. Check with your team members to see whether they need anything from you that you are not providing. In other words, are you meeting their expectations?
3. Set aside time at a meeting for your team to check how well team members’ needs are being met.
Team members can benefit from asking themselves the following questions:
• What behaviours do we expect or need from one another in order for
us to work together effectively?
• Are these expectations being met?
• If some are not being met, discuss the following
• Are these expectations realistic
• If so, will each of us commit to meeting them?